Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Fluffy Buttercream Frosting

1/2 cup Non-Hydrogenated Shortening
1/2 cup Non-Hydrogenated Margarine (preferably Earth Balance)
3-1/2 cups Confectioners' Sugar, sifted if clumpy
1-1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Plain Soymilk or Soy Creamer

Beat shortening and margarine together until well combined and fluffy. Add sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes. Add vanilla and soymilk, beat for another 5-7 minutes or so until well fluffy.

I've noticed this will make more than enough for 24 generously frosted cupcakes. Enjoy!

from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes That Rule

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Gonçalo Veiga said...

Travelling has to be one of the best thing there is to experience in life...

Good luck on your posting!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger meliroq said...

Thanks, I think I'm addicted to it. Just sad that I didn't get to go in 2005 or 2006.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

How do I become a member? I was trying to comment on some of your blogs, but was not allowed to as I am not a member.

I am an animal welfare activist and thought I would share some stories from India with you.

I hope to hear from you soon.

regards,
-Radhika

 

Post a Comment

<< Home